Sake Tasting with Epic Wines
Here are some tasting notes from an informative sake tasting with the distributor Epic Wines:
- Tozai “Well of Wisdom” Honjozo
White Flowers, yeasty aroma, light melon, very viscous
- Tentaka Kuni “Hawk of the Heavens” Junmai
Very yeasty, beer-like aromas, toasted bread
- Kanbara “Bride of the Fox” Junmai-Ginjo
Melon aromas, crisp & clean palate, bright & light, dry
Delicate, bright, refreshing -#1 favorite of this tasting …
- Nambu-Bijin “Southern Beauty” Junmai-Ginjo
Dried sea grass, very floral, toasty flavor, touch of sweetness
- Mukune “Root of Innocence” Junmai-Ginjo
Very citrus-y, creamy texture, toasty, nutty finish
- Fukucho “Moon on the Water” Junmai-Ginjo
Licorice, anisette, very aromatic, bitters, high alcohol
Beautiful, sensual, unique – #3 favorite of this tasting.
- Ginga Shizuku “Divine Droplets” Junmai-Daiginjo
Floral, delicate aroma, multi-dimensional, higher acidity, lemon, citrus floral
Very delicate – #2 favorite of this tasting.
- Rihaku “Nigoriza” (means unfiltered) Tokubetsu (means special) Junmai
Toasty, nutty, rich full-bodied, chewy texture.
You must be logged in to post a comment.